Thursday, February 18, 2010

Panama

I´m finally in Panama. I arrived at the airport at 4 am and got through all the check points just fine. Said good b ye to my dad and off I want. I was surprisingly not very nervous considering I was about to leave the country for the first time in my life.

We were held for our flight to Miami but once the luggege got through and the plane de-iced we were set to leave. The flights were pretty boring. Once we arrived in Miami, I got to see the ocean for the first itme in life as well as the first itme I have ever been in Florida. I was there for about an Hour and we made for the flight to Panama. Also a boring fight.

Panama is amazing as we flew over. It was very different than Miami of course. Instead of buildings as far as the eye could see, there were trees. We got through the airport as fast as we could. It was the first time I has someone speak Spanish to me and of course I had no idea what they were saying, but they knew enough english to get along.

Panama is lovely to look at. The mountains are beautiful with the trees and the mist. Its quite hot here especially coming from a place with snow and we were sweating instantly. It was a three hour drive from the airport to El cope, the place where we are staying. Then there is a hike to our place of living through the trees. Its kind of difficult because the path slopes down quite a ways but luckly we had some locals to carry our bags seeing as there was no way we could. We will all be fit after these two months.

The dorm is quite small with 17 girls crammed together but we make it work. The food been good and I have yet to really have to try anything outlandish. Lots of chicken. I won´t have the internet a lot so I´ll be upating this maybe once a week. More details and pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment